BuiltWithNOF
Our photo collection

 

The first tram; the last horse-drawn bus

The last horse-drawn bus and the first electric tram 
On 12 June 1910 a new tram line from the previous tram terminus at Drummoyne to Hatton’s Flat at Ryde was opened. This route was previously serviced by horse-drawn buses.
A monument opposite the corner of Lane Cove Road and Tucker Street now marks the site of the new tram terminus.

 

[Home] [What's new?] [About us] [Where are we?] [What's on?] [Heritage Week] [Ryde Recorder] [Our published books] [Our library] [Our photo collection] [Our photo collection] [Ryde History] [Origins of street names] [History of the Society] [Office bearers] [Our constitution] [Useful links] [Notice board] [Competitions & awards.] [Contact us] [Help desk] [Technical details]