Walter Chick (centre) outside his smithy in Rowe Street, Eastwood. c. 1910
With the subdivision of Edward Terry’s estate in 1905, Eastwood was about to become a significant commercial centre. To take advantage of this, Walter Chick moved his farrier and coach building business from Ermington to Rowe Street, Eastwood in 1906. He later sold his business and opened a picture theatre on the corner of Railway Parade and Ethel Street Eastwood.